Roughly how "generic" is this forum?

Hi!

So, just checking out the forum(was shocked to see the old site be gone) for fun when I noticed the system message being something in the direction of “fellow developers […] discuss projects”.

I’d love to be part of some sorta forum-based community - I find the idea of forums to be really appealing compared to e.g discord, and therefore I’m asking roughly what the scope of this is, in more detail (insert colon D, need to figure out how to disable auto-emojis)

There isn’t really a culture to adapt to yet lol, seeing as how the forum is 90% “first” posts(not really but yeh)

Cheers!

1 Like

Yeh, after my last project, I haven’t really found a good idea that folks are interested in. After a lot of deliberation, I had to get rid of the previous forum, as the tech it was built on was no longer supported and became completely overrun by bots. Switching to Discord meant letting go of all the history from my previous projects. I’ll probably do some customizations on here if things ever pick up in the future, but I’ll need something interesting for that to happen. In the meantime, the form is pretty much a ghost town, and I’m just using the server as a place to host private code repositories for family and friends.

I’m currently working on a couple of new ideas in the Bitcoin space. Will see if that leads somewhere (no real point in posting about it yet until I have discussions of interest elsewhere that I can use to draw people here)