PSA From Luke forwarded by Chris Guida

PSA: Potential Bitcoin PoW change Sunday. SHA2 miners should stop mining Saturday.

  • Bitcoin Knots 29.4.1rc4 will be released tomorrow, setup for mainnet rehearsal. This locks-in the final SHA2 block.
  • After NYPost updates their Sunday morning print online, I’ll post the canonical blake2b_headline parameter.
  • If things go perfectly, Knots 29.4.1 final will be released Sep 1 on schedule, keeping the Aug 30 blockchain.
  • If there’s any issues (unlikely at this point), we address them and reset to the last SHA2 block for rc5.

If you intend to mine from day 1, I recommend getting setup with testnet4 (rc3) _now_ so you’re ready for mainnet on Sunday.

4 Likes

Will it available for Start9 before the September 1 launch?

So far my understanding. The official Knots release is planned on 1/9. But the early bird casino starts today on the testnet version. If the testnet succeeds this days it will proceed in the normal release 1/9.

After watching Bitcoin Mechanic’s latest video “That’s More Like It!” sounds like there is an new open source firmware (with Luke’s blessing) that needs to be installed on our Blake 2b miners? Is that what you guys are hearing?

Yes, however I would recommend waiting for a while before installing it if you can’t afford to gamble with your ASIC. It will be safer if you wait a while for any bugs to be found in the wild and fixed (reverse engineering these types of systems tend to require bricking quite a few devices before you get it exactly right).

2 Likes

Thank You, Paul. I appreciate you!